Here's the link:
• Notes for AP US History Video 59: APUSH 59: Reconstruction Comes and Goes.
• What We’re Covering Here :
• Reconstruction’s Limited Success and Serious Setbacks. 0:12
• Different Tactics and Strategies used in Reconstruction. 1:22
• Reconstruction Starts During the War. 4:30
• Reconstruction by the President. 6:24
• Black Codes. 9:39
• 13th Amendment Bans Slavery, or Does It? 11:05 •
Is Prison Labor Fair? 13:05
• Virginia’s Vagrancy Act of 1866. 24:51
• Application of the Virginia Vagrancy Act. 29:35
• See also “Workfare.” 33:36
• More on “Workfare.” 35:58
• Did You Find This Video Useful?: 37:49
• Contact Me! Facebook, Instagram, Email, Phone. 39:37
• Notice: This is Not a Substitute for Classes, Text, Etc. 40:36
If you like this video, please don’t forget to give this a “thumbs up,” subscribe to my channel, and click on the little bell in the top right corner for notifications.
Who’d Like This: Students taking Advanced Placement U.S. History. Anyone else with an interest in U.S. history.
Source Material For this Video:
• This video is based on my general knowledge of US history, Barron’s AP US History (4th Edition and/or the 5th Edition) and what I could access/verify using Bing/Google.
• While this should help you do well on the AP US History test, I can’t be responsible for what your teacher asks you about on tests, in homework, etc. Please read your class text(s) and pay attention to what your teacher says in class.
• Any webpages / resources referenced below. Links for References/Links to Relevant Topics:
Demystifying the 13th Amendment and Its Impact on Mass Incarceration | AAIHS by Patrick Rael
Workfare May Make Things Worse (albionmonitor.com) The Lantern 26 June 1997 — Ohio State University Newspaper Archives (osu.edu)
Workfare – Wikipedia
The Who – “Won’t Get Fooled Again” (Shepperton Studios /1978) • The Who - Won't G...
George Carlin: excerpt “American Values” from What Am I Doing in New Jersey? (1988): starting at approx. 19:22 Vagrancy Act of 1866 - Encyclopedia Virginia https://encyclopediavirginia.org/entr...
U.S. prison labor programs violate fundamental human rights, new report finds | University of Chicago News (uchicago.edu) https://news.uchicago.edu/story/us-pr...
Sociologist Loc Wacquant https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lo%C3%A... )
(Jeff Manza – a sociologist) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeff_Manza Academics have labeled “workfare” as a form of institutional or systemic racism.
Boycott Workfare boycottworkfare.org (British site criticizing UK workfare programs).
See also Facts -Boycott Workfare
While this isn’t in my video, I strongly suggest you listen to: How prison labor contributes to the U.S. economy : The Indicator from Planet Money : NPR https://www.npr.org/2020/06/29/884989... I’m also now on LBRY- a cool new video archive – at lbry.tv@JohnLinneballTutoring
A Few More Notes/Requests: Please "like" this video on, and subscribe to my YouTube channel if you liked it! This is the best way to help me, and it costs you NOTHING. I get ad money if I get 1000 subscribers and 4000 hours of watch time in a year.
If you found this video helpful, why not consider helping me make more videos (each one of these takes hours to make!) by donating a couple of dollars or more through my PayPal at https://paypal.me/johnlinneball ? I'd appreciate your support. Thanks in advance!
Fair Use Notice/Disclaimer: All non-licensed clips used for fair use commentary, criticism, and educational purposes. See Hosseinzadeh v. Klein, 276 F.Supp.3d 34 (S.D.N.Y. 2017); Equals Three, LLC v. Jukin Media, Inc., 139 F. Supp. 3d 1094 (C.D. Cal. 2015). Any use of copyrighted material falls under the “Fair use” exceptions to the Copyright Act of 1976, 17 U.S.C. §107; see also Campbell v. Acuff-Rose Music (1994), 510 U.S. 569. SPECIAL NEW CUSTOMER OFFER: Free 30-minute diagnostic session. Limited spots. 415-623-4251.
Author: John Linneball Who did you think? ;-)
I'm the proprietor and only tutor for this business; that's why I named it after me.