See the link to my latest YouTube video: https://youtu.be/l6gxdUnTStY
Want affordable SAT prep for the three remaining paper SATs ever? Graduating senior? Don’t trust the new SAT digital format? Or perhaps you’d like to try both paper and digital SAT! I’m offering SAT prep classes for $35 per hour, at two hours per session. So it’s $70 per 2-hour session. Classes will meet once a week in downtown Oakland. I’ve taught SAT prep since 2002, with many great reviews from satisfied students. Class size limited to 10 students. I will add more classes if there’s demand.
But wait, THERE’S MORE! You get a brand-new copy of Barron’s SAT, Barrons’ SAT Math Workbook at no additional charge. I have additional SAT practice books I can provide you. THERE’S EVEN MORE! You get online time and in-person time before and after class sessions, as available. I’ll be doing this SAT from (September 2023) until December 1, 2022 (the day before the last paper SAT). You can also use this test prep to work on the new digital SAT. I’m also an experienced ACT tutor – let me know if you’re interested in individual tutoring or starting an ACT prep course!
See my Facebook reviews: https://www.facebook.com/linneballtutoring/reviews and reviews from Thumbtack (a service from which I get many referrals for tutoring)
https://www.thumbtack.com/profile/services/213831566874944709/reviews and my Yelp review page https://www.yelp.com/biz/john-linneball-san-francisco?osq=john+linneball+tutoring (Do take a look at the reviews that "are not currently recommended by Yelp - they're perfectly valid, but Yelp has a weird of deciding what reviews are good and which aren't).
• Notes for AP US History Video 60: APUSH 60: Radical Reconstruction to the End.
• What We’re Covering Here :
• President Johnson & Congress Fight.: 0:13
• Radical Reconstruction.: 3:21
• Reconstruction Acts of 1867.: 4:07
• The Republicans Hit a Snag.: 4:59
• Side Note: Reparations.: 6:01
• Impeachment of President Andrew Johnson.: 8:47
• Reconstruction in Action.: 9:23
• Scalawags and Carpetbaggers.: 12:53
• The End of Reconstruction.: 15:23
• The End of Reconstruction: Colfax Massacre.: 16:19
• The End of Reconstruction: Final Straw.: 34:06
• Note on the Electoral College.: 34:40
• Did You Find This Video Useful?: 36:49
• Contact Me! Facebook, Instagram, Email, Phone.: 41:04
• Notice: This is Not a Substitute for Classes, Text, Etc.: 42:29
If you like this video, please don’t forget to give this a “thumbs up,” subscribe to my channel, and click on the little bell in the top right corner for notifications.
Who’d Like This: Students taking Advanced Placement U.S. History. Anyone else with an interest in U.S. history.
Source Material For this Video:
• This video is based on my general knowledge of US history, Barron’s AP US History (4th Edition and/or the 5th Edition) and what I could access/verify using Bing/Google.
• While this should help you do well on the AP US History test, I can’t be responsible for what your teacher asks you about on tests, in homework, etc. Please read your class text(s) and pay attention to what your teacher says in class.
• Any webpages / resources referenced below. Links for References/Links to Relevant Topics: Bing search : value of 40 acres and a mule today $15M per black San Francisco resident – proposals range from $5M cash per adult African-American resident, to guaranteed income of $97,000 per person for 250 years, to homes of $1 per family… So this is between $24,250,000 to $5M, and whatever the value of a home in SF would be after being sold for $1. https://apnews.com/article/san-franci...
Dave Chappelle’s “reparations” comedy news parody: • Chappelle's Show - Reparations 2003 F...
Costs of War: Watson.brown.edu/costsofwar
Wikipedia Articles (topics listed by links):
Scalawag https://en.wikipedia.org/scalawag :
See also the Bing search on “scalawag” and “carpetbagger” in the video. James Madison Wells: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_M...
Black Codes: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_C...)
New Orleans Massacre: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Orl...
Civil Rights Act of 1866: https://en.wikipedia.org/civil_rights...
Civil Rights Act of 1866 Freedmen’s Bureau: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedme...
Reconstruction Act: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reconst...
U.S. Supreme Court Justice Joseph Bradley: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_...
“Riding Circuit:” https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circuit...
State Actor Doctrine: https://wikipedia.org/wiki/state_actor
U.S. v. Cruikshank (1876) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_...
Chief Justice Morrison Remick Waite: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morriso...
Paramilitary Red Shirts: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Shi...)
Coushatta, Lousiana: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coushat...
Wikipedia Article on Colfax Massacre: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colfax_...
US Presidential Election of 1876: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1876_Un...
Compromise of 1877 (How The 1876 Election Dispute was Settled and How Reconstruction Ended): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comprom...
U.S. Supreme Court Case of Plessy v. Ferguson. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plessy_... U.S. Supreme Court Case of Brown v. Board of Education. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brown_v... Bush v. Gore: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bush_v....
National Archives Link to Information on Electoral College:https://www.archives.gov/electoral-co...
Leeanna Keith's The Colfax Massacre: The Untold Story of Black Power, White Terror, and the Death of Reconstruction Oxford University Press. p. 60. ISBN 978-0195310269.
Charles Lane's The Day Freedom Died: The Colfax Massacre, the Supreme Court, and the Betrayal of Reconstruction. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Day...
Not in the video, but referenced: Darryl Cherney and the Chernobles: Bush It! • Bush It!
I’m also now on LBRY – at lbry.tv@JohnLinneballTutoring Please "like" this video on, and subscribe to my YouTube channel if you liked it! This is the best way to help me, and it costs you NOTHING. I get ad money if I get 1000 subscribers and 4000 hours of watch time in a year. Why not help me make more videos (each one takes hours to make!) by donating to my PayPal at https://paypal.me/johnlinneball ?
Author: John Linneball Who did you think? ;-)
I'm the proprietor and only tutor for this business; that's why I named it after me.