• Notes for AP US History Video 60: APUSH 60: Radical Reconstruction to the End.
• What We’re Covering Here :
• President Johnson & Congress Fight.: 0:13
• Radical Reconstruction.: 3:21
• Reconstruction Acts of 1867.: 4:07
• The Republicans Hit a Snag.: 4:59
• Side Note: Reparations.: 6:01
• Impeachment of President Andrew Johnson.: 8:47
• Reconstruction in Action.: 9:23
• Scalawags and Carpetbaggers.: 12:53
• The End of Reconstruction.: 15:23
• The End of Reconstruction: Colfax Massacre.: 16:19
• The End of Reconstruction: Final Straw.: 34:06
• Note on the Electoral College.: 34:40
• Did You Find This Video Useful?: 36:49
• Contact Me! Facebook, Instagram, Email, Phone.: 41:04
• Notice: This is Not a Substitute for Classes, Text, Etc.: 42:29
If you like this video, please don’t forget to give this a “thumbs up,” subscribe to my channel, and click on the little bell in the top right corner for notifications.
Who’d Like This: Students taking Advanced Placement U.S. History. Anyone else with an interest in U.S. history.
Source Material For this Video:
• This video is based on my general knowledge of US history, Barron’s AP US History (4th Edition and/or the 5th Edition) and what I could access/verify using Bing/Google.
• While this should help you do well on the AP US History test, I can’t be responsible for what your teacher asks you about on tests, in homework, etc. Please read your class text(s) and pay attention to what your teacher says in class.
• Any webpages / resources referenced below. Links for References/Links to Relevant Topics: Bing search : value of 40 acres and a mule today $15M per black San Francisco resident – proposals range from $5M cash per adult African-American resident, to guaranteed income of $97,000 per person for 250 years, to homes of $1 per family… So this is between $24,250,000 to $5M, and whatever the value of a home in SF would be after being sold for $1. https://apnews.com/article/san-franci...
Dave Chappelle’s “reparations” comedy news parody: • Chappelle's Show - Reparations 2003 F...
Costs of War: Watson.brown.edu/costsofwar
Wikipedia Articles (topics listed by links):
Scalawag https://en.wikipedia.org/scalawag :
See also the Bing search on “scalawag” and “carpetbagger” in the video. James Madison Wells: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_M...
Black Codes: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_C...)
New Orleans Massacre: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Orl...
Civil Rights Act of 1866: https://en.wikipedia.org/civil_rights...
Civil Rights Act of 1866 Freedmen’s Bureau: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedme...
Reconstruction Act: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reconst...
U.S. Supreme Court Justice Joseph Bradley: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_...
“Riding Circuit:” https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circuit...
State Actor Doctrine: https://wikipedia.org/wiki/state_actor
U.S. v. Cruikshank (1876) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_...
Chief Justice Morrison Remick Waite: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morriso...
Paramilitary Red Shirts: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Shi...)
Coushatta, Lousiana: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coushat...
Wikipedia Article on Colfax Massacre: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colfax_...
US Presidential Election of 1876: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1876_Un...
Compromise of 1877 (How The 1876 Election Dispute was Settled and How Reconstruction Ended): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comprom...
U.S. Supreme Court Case of Plessy v. Ferguson. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plessy_... U.S. Supreme Court Case of Brown v. Board of Education. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brown_v... Bush v. Gore: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bush_v....
National Archives Link to Information on Electoral College:https://www.archives.gov/electoral-co...
Leeanna Keith's The Colfax Massacre: The Untold Story of Black Power, White Terror, and the Death of Reconstruction Oxford University Press. p. 60. ISBN 978-0195310269.
Charles Lane's The Day Freedom Died: The Colfax Massacre, the Supreme Court, and the Betrayal of Reconstruction. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Day...
Not in the video, but referenced: Darryl Cherney and the Chernobles: Bush It! • Bush It!
I’m also now on LBRY – at lbry.tv@JohnLinneballTutoring Please "like" this video on, and subscribe to my YouTube channel if you liked it! This is the best way to help me, and it costs you NOTHING. I get ad money if I get 1000 subscribers and 4000 hours of watch time in a year. Why not help me make more videos (each one takes hours to make!) by donating to my PayPal at https://paypal.me/johnlinneball ?
Author: John Linneball Who did you think? ;-)
I'm the proprietor and only tutor for this business; that's why I named it after me.