Notes for AP US History Video Lesson Three: Contact, Conquest & Transformations Video
What We’re Covering Here:
The beginning of European (mostly Spanish and Portuguese) exploration and conquest in the New World, and its effects on the Americas and Europe.
A few other relevant “fun facts.”
Whatever else comes up as I’m recording this.
If you like this video, please don’t forget to give this a “thumbs up,” subscribe to my channel, and click on the little bell in the top right corner for notifications.
Who’d Like This:
High school and college students taking advanced placement (AP) U.S. history; anyone who’d like to learn some basic U.S. history. Foreign students applying to college in the U.S.
Source Material For this Video:
My general knowledge and what I could access/verify using Google.
Webpages / resources referenced below.
Jump Links for this Video:
• Spanish and Portuguese Conquest: 0:10
• The Portuguese Sought Another Trade Route: 1:12
• The Spanish Sought Another Trade Route: 2:49
• The Aims of the Spanish and Portuguese: 3:44
• Conquistadores Defeat Native Peoples: 4:42
• Disease Was the Decisive Factor: 5:50
• Not All Death Was From Disease: 7:25
• Columbian Exchange Changed the Americas: 8:20
• Spanish Use of New World Resources: 9:07
• Encomienda Relating to Silver: 10:05
• Similarities between Spanish and English Colonialism: 11:05
• Contact Me! Facebook, Instagram, Email, Phone.: 11:32
• Did You Find This Video Useful?: 12:29
Links for References/Links to Relevant Topics:
Nothing for this video.
A Few More Notes/Requests: Please "like" this video and subscribe to my channel if you liked it! This is the best way to help me, and it costs you NOTHING. I get ad money if I get 1000 subscribers and 4000 hours of watch time in a year.
I have a new site on locals.com – testpreparation.locals.com Check it out! There will be exclusive content on there for my supporters. I have a new Patreon page! Here's the link if you'd like to donate, and if you have ideas about what I should offer to Patreon patrons. Please let me know - I have no idea what you, my audience, would like to see there. https://www.patreon.com/JohnLinneball
If you found this video helpful, why not consider helping me make more videos (each one of these takes hours to make!) by donating a couple of dollars or more through my PayPal at https://paypal.me/johnlinneball ? I'll never CHARGE to see my videos, but I'd appreciate your support. Thanks in advance!
Author: John Linneball Who did you think? ;-)
I'm the proprietor and only tutor for this business; that's why I named it after me.