New Video: AP US History Video 27: Federalism versus AntiFederalism and the Bill of Rights.
•Notes for AP US History Video 27 : Federalism vs. Anti-Federalism and the Bill of Rights.
• What We’re Covering Here (Including Jump Links): Federalism: 0:17
Ratification of the Constitution: 3:40
The Bill of Rights: 4:57
First Through Fourth Amendments - Basic Personal Rights: 6:09
First Amendment – Freedom of Speech: 6:29
First Amendment Continued – Freedom of Religion: 9:32
Second Amendment – Gun Rights: 11:11
Third Amendment: 13:21
Fourth Amendment – Search & Seizure: 14:43
Fifth Through Eighth Amendments – Rights of the Accused: 18:31
Fifth Amendment: Basic Criminal Defendants’ Rights: 18:34
“Pleading the Fifth” - The Right Against Self-Incrimination: 21:09
Fifth Amendment : Due Process of Law: 23:45
Fifth Amendment - Takings: 25:01
Sixth Amendment: 26:59
Sixth Amendment Right to Speedy Trial & Public Trial: 27:34
Sixth Amendment - Impartial Jury: 30:06
Sixth Amendment - Accusation and Right to Confront Witnesses: 33:08
Star Chamber Proceedings: 34:52
Sixth Amendment Assistance of Counsel: 37:08
Seventh Amendment - Jury Trials: 39:28
Eighth Amendment – Cruel and Unusual Punishment; Excessive Fines and Bail: 40:58
Ninth and Tenth Amendments – Limits on Federal Power: 42:54
Voting Rights – Not in the Bill of Rights: 46:33
Contact Me! 47:19
NOTE: This is NOT a Substitute for Your Classes, Text, Etc: 48:24
A few other relevant “fun facts.”
Whatever else comes up as I’m recording this.
If you like this video, please don’t forget to give this a “thumbs up,” subscribe to my channel, and click on the little bell in the top right corner for notifications. It's the best way to help me, and it costs you NOTHING. I get ad money if I get 1000 subscribers and 4000 hours of watch time in a year.
Who’d Like This:
Anyone studying US history or the Bill of Rights. Source Material For this Video:
• This video is based on the Barron’s AP US History review book (4th Edition), my general knowledge of US history, and what I could find online.
• Any webpages / resources referenced below.
Links for References/Links to Relevant Topics:
Anti-Federalists - Federalism in America – at http://encyclopedia.federalism.org/in... Wikipedia: Star Chamber entry: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Ch...
• TheFreeDictionary.com’s Legal Dictionary definition of “star chamber proceedings” • https://legal-dictionary.thefreedicti... • Gideon v. Wainwright - Wikipedia : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gideon_...
• The Seventh Amendment: https://www.law.cornell.edu/constitut...
• Eighth Amendment : Excessive Bail Clause - Wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Excessi... • Expressio unius est exclusio alterius legal definition of expressio unius est exclusio alterius (thefreedictionary.com)
• Don’t Talk to Police – Why you should ALWAYS use Fifth Amendment “right to remain silent” with the police (especially if you're innocent!). https://youtu.be/d-7o9xYp7eE
• Flex Your Rights Channel – Ways to use your civil rights effectively, etc. https://www.youtube.com/user/FlexYour...
• Breaking Bad – Proper 4th & 5th Amendment Use – Educational video on search and seizure using Breaking Bad’s RV scene used in this video. Warning: Some curse words in this video. https://youtu.be/VNN_at7dWJg
• Police Need to Stop Lying to Suspects – Attorney Steve Lehto discusses why police interrogation techniques can lead to false confessions: https://youtu.be/3z-qOJeKZ68
• When Can the Police Search Your Car at the Roadside? – Attorney Steve Lehto discusses Fourth Amendment issues relating to when the police stop your car. https://youtu.be/49ueZ9fl78g
Don’t Like Ads? Try testpreparation.locals.com. There will be exclusive content on there for my supporters, and you can see these videos WITHOUT ads! Also, the videos from AP US History 27 on are “uncut” – meaning they don’t have funny video and audio clips cut out because of bogus copyright claims! I’m also now on LBRY- video archive with way less BS than other services – at lbry.tv@JohnLinneballTutoring
A Few More Notes/Requests: My Patreon page! Here's the link if you'd like to donate, and if you have ideas about what I should offer to Patreon patrons.
Please let me know - I have no idea what you, my audience, would like to see there. https://www.patreon.com/JohnLinneball
If you found this video helpful, help me make more videos (each one of these takes hours to make!) by donating a couple of dollars or more through my PayPal at https://paypal.me/johnlinneball ? I'd appreciate your support. Thanks in advance!
Fair Use Notice/Disclaimer: All non-licensed clips used for fair use commentary, criticism, and educational purposes. See Hosseinzadeh v. Klein, 276 F.Supp.3d 34 (S.D.N.Y. 2017); Equals Three, LLC v. Jukin Media, Inc., 139 F. Supp. 3d 1094 (C.D. Cal. 2015).
Your comment will be posted after it is approved.
Leave a Reply.
Author: John Linneball Who did you think? ;-)
I'm the proprietor and only tutor for this business; that's why I named it after me.