New Video : AP US History: 50 Antebellum Territorial Growth, Immigration, and Citizenship.
Click here for the video: https://youtu.be/ZNRyFobis7w
• Notes for APUSH Video 50: Antebellum Territorial Growth, Immigration, and Citizenship (1840s & 1850s).
What We’re Covering Here:
• Antebellum Immigration.: 0:27
• NYC’s Five Points Neighborhood.: 1:44
• Overview of the Five Points.: 4:19
• Why Was It Called “Five Points?”: 5:50
• What’s “Collect Pond?”: 7:04
• Antebellum Opposition to Immigration.: 14:57
• Reform Movements - Improvement or Oppression? : 17:27
• The “Know-Nothings.” : 18:18
• The “Know-Nothings” in Context. : 26:57
• Did You Find This Video Useful?: 28:18
• Contact Me! Facebook, Instagram, Email, Phone.: 30:06
• NOTE: This is NOT a Substitute for Your Classes, Text, Etc.: 31:04
If you like this video, please don’t forget to give this a “thumbs up,” subscribe to my channel, and click on the little bell in the top right corner for notifications.
Who’d Like This:
Students taking Advanced Placement U.S. History.
Source Material For this Video:
• This video is based on my general knowledge of US history, and what I could access/verify using Bing/Google.
• Any webpages / resources referenced below.
Links for References/Links to Relevant Topics:
You can click on the links, or copy and paste if the links aren’t active.
Wikipedia entry to Five Points (Manhattan).
The Story of Bayard's Mount, Lower Manhattan's Missing Mountain - The Bowery Boys: New York City History
From: Mania Society: The life and death of Bayard's Mount/Bunker Hill, lower Manhattan's missing mountain (unpodiroba.blogspot.com)
Know Nothing – Wikipedia
Bernie Sanders: "Open borders? That's a Koch brothers proposal" – YouTube.
The Regents' Prayer Case: In the Establishment Clause "No Means No" on JSTO
Engel v. Vitale :: 370 U.S. 421 (1962) :: Justia US Supreme Court Center
Alien and Sedition Acts - Definition, Significance & Purpose – HISTORY
Alien and Sedition Acts – Wikipedia
Wisconsin Death Trip (1999) – IMDb
Eugenics and Scientific Racism (genome.gov)
Dred Scott v. Sandford – Wikipedia
• While this should help you do well on the APUSH test, I can’t be responsible for what your teacher asks you about on tests, in homework, etc. Please read your class text(s) and pay attention to what your teacher says in class.
I’m also now on LBRY- a cool new video archive – at lbry.tv@JohnLinneballTutoring
A Few More Notes/Requests: Please "like" this video on, and subscribe to, my YouTube channel if you liked it! This is the best way to help me, and it costs you NOTHING. I get ad money if I get 1000 subscribers and 4000 hours of watch time in a year. If you found this video helpful, why not consider helping me make more videos (each one of these takes hours to make!) by donating a couple of dollars or more through my PayPal at https://paypal.me/johnlinneball ? I'd appreciate your support.
Thanks in advance!
Fair Use Notice/Disclaimer: All non-licensed clips used for fair use commentary, criticism, and educational purposes. See Hosseinzadeh v. Klein, 276 F.Supp.3d 34 (S.D.N.Y. 2017); Equals Three, LLC v. Jukin Media, Inc., 139 F. Supp. 3d 1094 (C.D. Cal. 2015). Any use of copyrighted material falls under the “Fair use” exceptions to the Copyright Act of 1976, 17 U.S.C. §107; see also Campbell v. Acuff-Rose Music (1994), 510 U.S. 569. SPECIAL NEW CUSTOMER OFFER: Free 30-minute diagnostic session. Limited spots. 415-623-4251.
Your comment will be posted after it is approved.
Leave a Reply.
Author: John Linneball Who did you think? ;-)
I'm the proprietor and only tutor for this business; that's why I named it after me.